From:
Randy May <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 18:58:31 EST
In a message dated 1/22/99 10:40:39 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Topic:  which is worse, recruiting foreigners to play college puck in the
U.S.
        or recruiting 20-year old freshmen from juniors.

I don't think there is anything BETTER than recruiting either to a degree. We
wouldn't put the same rules behind trying to find the best doctors and lawyers
to compete in the educational system would we? Fact is the variance between 17
and 20 year old men can be HUGE...I've seen some 17 year olds that physically
and developmentally appear ready for the NHL and some 21 year olds that
haven't "filled in" yet. When are people going to realize that we live on
planet Earth where diversity is one of the most interesting things that you
could possibly learn from?

BTW, I hate foreign cars...Ford and Saturn all the way :-)

Randy