From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 09:57:34 -0500
Well, this is a surprise to me also. I knew that a certain # of tickets
would be sold nationally to the dedicated college hockey community. I also
thought a few people in said community may jump on this year's tourney
whereas they might not have travelled before, because this year's tourney is
in such an awesome travel spot. But, if they're getting significant ticket
sales from locals, it leads me to think that one or both of the following
may be true.

1.) The Californians have mistaken this for the NCAA Basketball Final-4.

2.) The popularity of collegiate athletics in California was significant
enough to generate interest ... even in a sport they haven't been able to
experience much.

This may have been a very smart move for collegiate hockey. We might see a
Final-4 in the good ol' south sometime soon.

- Paul.