From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 20:57:38 -0500
>I was wondering if any one knows why freshman Sean Austin is not playing
>for UNH?  He was supposed to be one of the top recruits and has not played
>in any games besides the exhibition against New Brunswick.  I was just
>curious!
>        -Melissa

As Howard and others have pointed out, Austin is in a position where he
just has to wait his turn.  I know that Coach Umile is very pleased with
the way Lind and White have played and I am sure that his inclination is go
with upperclassmen such as Bragnalo and Enders before trying out a
freshman.  My understanding is that he is making the trip to Denver so he
certainly has earned some respect from the coaching staff.

The fact that Sean was so highly recruited by several schools indicates
that he has the talent to play at the D-1 level.  He just has continue to
bust his butt in practice every day and, eventually, he'll get his ice
time.  I am sure that this is what the coaching staff is telling him.  Just
look at Dellezay, he should be an inspiration to every fourth line player
and 6th or 7th defenseman in the league.  In his first three years he
played in only 39 games, usually as a fourth liner or defenseman and scored
4 points, total.  Now he skates first line.

Greg Ambrose
LETS GET SOME HOBEY TALK FOR KROG ON HOCKEY-L!!
GO BLUE!!