From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 19:08:30 -0500
>  Be careful what you wish for <g> ....  The rabid Badger fans showered
>down the same chant on UNH last December in the Badger Showdown, when
>Wisconsin jumped out to a fast 4-0 first period lead against the seemingly
>hapless Wildcats.  Considering UNH had NEVER beaten the Badgers in some-
>thing like 14 tries, it seemed like deja vu all over again.  But wait !!
>New Hampshire pumped in 5 unanswered goals of their own to close out the
>first period and silence the Bradley Center crowd

ok, last e-mail for the day. just have to get some last stuff in. Then I'll
leave your mailboxes in peace. :-)

Yeah, I know that could always happen, but I'll still start the chant if we
get a lead for a couple a reasons. Mostly though cause I haven't been able
to use that chant in years. Nebraska football hasn't been an underdog at
home since I started to closely listen to the crowd chants, Lancers don't
have ratings, Creighton basketball doesn't play ranked opponents, Husker
basketball hasn't beaten a ranked opponent in a long time, etc.etc. and my
high school's teams rarely beat ranked opponents, so I can't chant it there
either

Along the same lines, UNO has started some "crowd" traditions already, many
carried over from the Lancers crowd, but the one thing I notice missing is a
song that plays when we go on the power play. We have a "traditional"(if a
first year team has traditions) chant/song/saying for almost every other
situation. I notice they do play "Hit the Road Jack" (ala the Red Wings) a
couple of times when UNO gets a power play, but not all the time. If any
other UNO fans can fill me in on why we don't have a power play song, please
fill me in.

Ben F.
U-N-O! U-N-O!