From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1992 18:12:30 GMT
>   o They are not a full member, just an AFFILIATE.

I see...actually this makes sense.  Do you know if they applied to the
CCHA and not the WCHA?  I had thought both UAA & UAF were going to apply to
the WCHA.  I am still wondering if some kind of deal was struck to get each
in a league.

>   o Only 1 thing is guaranteed as this point: UAF will make the CCHA
>      play-offs and be seeded from 9th to 12th.
>
>   o NO CCHA TEAM HAS TO PLAY UAF! If possible, games with UAF will be
>      scheduled. The league format will still be 3x10=30.

Can you see UAF winning the CCHA tourney after not playing any league games?
It would be difficult, to say the least, but the fact that the chance exists
is very odd indeed.

- mike

>   PS Now, a call to Bob C at ATU......

PPS Last I heard, Hejna was living with a friend of mine, Steve Duncan,
    my roommate when I was there and former RPI goalie, now in grad school;
    I talked to the two of them when I was there in Nov w/Merr.  I wasn't
    aware Hejna was on h-l but anything's possible.  I was thinking of giving
    him/them a call to see what the story was.  It's very possible that Hejna
    knows more about TCHCR than the reporter does.

    Time to send a copy of that mail from a few months ago explaining TCHCR
    to the RPI hockey office?