Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1992 10:05:11 PST
I looked at the TCHCR inasmuch as Rensselaer is concerned.  With the other 44
teams placed where they are, RPI's spot #34 looks entirely appropriate.  The
Engineers' record against teams ranked higher than 34 is 1-7, while against
teams worse than 34, it's 6-1.  This fact coupled with the ECAC's non-stellar
performance against other leagues make the rank no surprise.  I agree with Dave
Smith, the TU writer seems to neither understand the mathematics nor appreciate
their fickle nature.  (Put more bluntly, he can't accept the fact that the
Albany area teams are not having gargantuan success so far.)

As far as Union goes, I have not seen a Union game, but I understand that they
approach each game with a rare enthusiasm and _eventually_ they will get their
way, which is fine as long as they don't do it against RPI. :)

Does anyone know the score of the UNH/RPI game of last night?  Thanks!

Ross
RPI `91 Go go go you red red red!