From:
matthew sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
matthew sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:09:13 -0600
>Apparently, when the clock expired, Sertich looked over to the Minnesota
>bench and asked what had happened to the 75 years of pride and
>tradition.  This is the point where, as I Gopher fan, I'm supposed to
>get all huffy and complain about his poor sportsmanship.  The porblem
>with this is that Coach Sertich was absolutely correct.  I've been
>saying the same thing myself for a few weeks; I simply concede that he
>found a better phrasing than I have.

        I can't believe that Sertich would say something like that.  Are these
comments just rumors or are they from a reliable source?  I know that
during the course of the game Sertich was yelling at his team, "look at
this tradition, do you see the tradition hear!"  I interpreted this to
mean that if the bulldogs can build a tradition by beating teams like the
Gophers.
        Sertich is a class act, and knows that a comment like the one
you stated could get the Gophers really fired up.  I just can't see him
saying something so stupid.

  * Matthew R. Sullivan               | E-mail:[log in to unmask]       *
  * University of Minnesota at Duluth | Tel#:218-525-9366               *
  * School of Business and Economics  | Address: 5303 E. Superior St    *
  *                                   | Duluth, MN 55804                *
  * LONG LIVE CHICO'S                 |                                 *