From:
Russ Bone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Russ Bone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 18:40:49 -0700
John Gaalaas wrote:

> Ok I have two questions to ask all the detractors of Gopher recruiting
> policies:
>         1.  If you are an opponent of the Gophers isn't it good to see them
> recruiting so poorly?

Well put John.  This is a solid comeback for the few Gopher-haters that
look for anything to criticize about the team.  As a CC fan, it's fine
with me if MN wants to limit their recruiting to MN, especially as
different teams manage to snag an occasional Minnesota kid out from
under the U either by out-recruiting MN or by spotting talent that Woog
decided to pass on.  The only thing about this debate that gets my ire
going is when Minnesota fans (not the case in this current incarnation
of the argument) complain that it is unfair for other teams to recruit
Canadian kids to play at their schools.  That is when the "Pride"
disappears.