Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 02:20:06 -0600
On Tue, 31 Dec 1996, Mike Machnik wrote:

> At 5:58 PM -0700 12/30/96, Greenie wrote:
> > Just imagine what the sports news world would be like if all of the outlets
> > only reported on "what was given to them."
>
> Well, to a certain extent, this is how it does actually work.  Unless a
> newspaper does actually commit resources to cover an event, they rely upon
> others to provide them with information about that event.

Not just sports, either; it's amazing how many front-page stories are merely
slightly-edited press releases.

> > Okay, maybe it's tough late saturday night or first thing sunday morning to
> > find nab a box score... then again, this was a major tournament. So why is
> > there still no information about any of the Badger games?
>
> Probably because nothing was sent about them.  It may have been a glitch,
> because the schools involved have sent information in the past.  These
> things happen.

The only things I've even heard of those games came from here.  The
Badger list had nothing on them; the Eau Claire paper didn't mention
them, either.

Does anyone have the Badger goaltender(s) for the pair?

|   Michael Patrick Bresina   |     America's always had a problem     |
|  [log in to unmask]  |  with illegal aliens.  Ask any Indian. |
|           Common sense is what tells us the world is flat.           |
|             I don't judge a man by the color of his skin;            |
|            I judge him by his choice of internet provider.           |