From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 09:15:25 -0500
On Nov 19, 21:56, D B Doucette wrote:
>Dave, it's clutter IN HOCKEY-L: see below, where it says HOCKEY-L is for
>discussion.  You didn't offer any analysis of the schedule.
>
>It's not clutter to INFO-HOCKEY-L.  Perhaps you need to see the earlier
>postings about who's in what list and why.

Pardon me for jumping in here, but as HOCKEY-L administrator I need to say
something about this.

Regardless of the accuracy or inaccuracy of the above statements, a discussion
of "what should/should not be posted on HOCKEY-L" is NOT an appropriate topic
for HOCKEY-L.  Please note the following, from the welcome message all
subscribers to the hockey lists receive:

>Comments regarding the operation of the College Hockey lists are always
>welcome, but they MUST be directed to the list administrator ONLY (with
>one exception, given below).  The operation of HOCKEY3, HOCKEY-D,
>HOCKEY-L, and INFO-HOCKEY-L is not a topic for those lists, except for
>informational messages that are sent by the administrator(s) from time to
>time.
>
>The College Hockey Meta Discussion List, HOCKEY, *does* exist for the
>discussion of the operation of the College Hockey lists.  Discussion
>with other College Hockey list members on this topic is welcome there
>and is read by the list administrator(s).
>
>If you have a problem or question regarding the operation of the list,
>send your message to an administrator.  The administrator will
>then decide what action, if any, should be taken.

Questions about the operation of HOCKEY-L, including what is or is not an
appropriate posting, should be directed to the HOCKEY-L administrator (me) at
[log in to unmask] .  If you would like to subscribe to the HOCKEY meta-
discussion list, you may do so by sending mail to [log in to unmask] and
including the following line in the body of the message:

subscribe hockey your-full-name

(replacing your-full-name with your first and last name, of course)

As to whether Dave's original post constitutes "clutter" on HOCKEY-L, it is true
that the composite schedule would be more appropriate on the INFO-HOCKEY-L list,
with discussion of the schedule on HOCKEY-L.  However, issues like this should
be resolved off-line in discussions with the administrators.  (Deron Treadwell,
the INFO-HOCKEY-L administrator, can be reached at [log in to unmask])

Thank you.

Bill Fenwick
HOCKEY-L Administrator