From:
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 12:37:07 -0600
Okay, I will do my best to post what I can on the Gophers!!!

Preview of the big series in Minneapolis this weekend:
(information taken from the official press release on the WWW)

Minnesota has split their last three series and is hoping to do
much better this weekend!  This will be the 242nd and 243rd meeting
of the Sioux and the Gophers.

Minnesota has not lost to the Sioux in the new Mariucci Arena.

Head coach Doug Woog will coach his 500th career game on Saturday
night.

Co-captain Casey Hankinson will wear the special #75 MN Jersey
on Friday night and Nick Checco will wear it on Saturday.

There are no significant injuries that will affect the Gophers
this weekend.

Brian La Fleur, D will sit out Friday night's game due to a fighting
DQ last Saturday in Madison. Brett Abrahamson will substitute on D
Friday night.

Internet users on ESPNET SportsZone have selected the Minnesota Hockey
fans as the second best fans in the nation, coming behind Duke Basketball
fans in the finals. The contest was the "Best of the Campus Crazies" aimed
at selecting the best and craziest fans in college sports.

For the entire press release go to:  http://gophersports.umn.edu/hockey/

-Carol
GO Gophers!!!