From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 00:10:04 -0400
At 10:43 PM -0400 6/10/96, Tony Biscardi wrote [on INFO-HOCKEY-L]:
>PS - No, Mike did not turn pro because he missed Steve McKenna. :-)

It is really a great story that both of these players (Grier and McKenna)
progressed as much as they did and were able to command the kind of money
they got.  I don't think too many of us would have predicted when they were
freshmen that they would be leaving school early.  I know I wouldn't
expected that of the two, McKenna would sign first.

Two years ago when Grier and McKenna went up against each other for the
first time, it was clear that BU and Merrimack followers were in for some
great years of watching these two battle it out.  But what first looked to
be a collegiate battle of the heavyweights turned into much more as each
player improved greatly at his respective program and became one of the key
members of his team.  And they are both great people.  It is a testament to
what US college hockey can offer in the way of developing players both on
and off the ice.  Both players' coaches can be proud of the way these
players have come along.

I too will miss seeing both of them play and wish them the best in the pros.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93