From:
"John R. Nash" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John R. Nash
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 21:56:48 -0600
Couldn't let this pass:

>Aside
>from Cornell, most fans from the Ivy schools are not that concerned with
>hockey.

Nice sweeping generalization... I would hazard that Harvard fans certainly
care about their hockey: count the number of Hockey-L participants from
Harvard, note the large number of sellouts at Bright, put earplugs in while
you're there to see a game...   I can't comment on other Ivies, since I
haven't been exposed to their fans (other than Cornell, whose fans are
deservedly legendary).  Since hockey is Harvard's only "national power"
major sport, there is hardly an air of apathy regarding hockey there.

As for the Ivy title, I concur -- it's another banner in the building, but
no-one really pays that much attention to it.  The ECAC crown, Beanpot, and
NCAA Championships are the real prizes that people care about. I don't even
think there's an "Ivy Trophy," although I could be wrong about that.

-john nash
Harvard '91, Wisconsin sometime soon I hope