From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 20:13:05 -0700
I vaguely recall a rule in college hockey, way back in the good ole days
(say mid 60s and earlier) in which the offense was prohibited from
throwing checks in their offensive zone.  It was called, logically enough,
"no checking in the offensive zone."  Now I may have dreamt it.  It has
been 32 yrs since I watched a college live.  Anyone out there care to
comment on whether this is a figment of my imagination?

If it did exist, I don't recall it reducing the violence much.

Tony Buffa
RPI'64