From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 05:45:31 -0400
Since I created my site last January I have been contacted by three
PSAs and one PSA parent.

The parent e-mailed me about a year ago and I do not remember exactly
what the mentioned they wer looking for.  I suggested they get in
contact with BU directly and I think I gave them BU's mail address.
I do not think I gave them any phone numbers.

One PSA only e-mailed me after I shutdown my site and suggested I
start a BU hockey list to replace the website.  I only know he is a
PSA because he mentioned that he wants to play for a Division I
school like BU or Miochigan after graduating from high school.

Another PSA (from Canada) recently e-mailed me and asked me for
information on how he could contact Blaise MacDonald, as he wants to
play for a US college team next year.  I could not help, as I have no
idea how to contact Blaise at Niagara.

The last PSA wrote to ask if I knew of anyone who might have
information about hockey in North Carolina.  In a P.S. they asked if
BU accepts walk-ons.  I answered that BU will give walk-ons a tryout.

I believe that Mike Machnik mentioned he had several requests
recently for information about Merrimack hockey.  If so, it may be
that schools like Merrimack and Union might get a larger percentage
of requests for information that the perceived major schools like BU,
Michigan, Maine, LSSU.

The request I received for how to contact Balise is another
indication of this.  Schools like Merrimack, Union and Dartmouth can use
the web to increase their exposure and make more PSAs aware of the
schools and what they have to offer.  This in turn might lead to more
requests from PSAs for further information regarding the school and
hockey program.

In the case of BU, Maine or Michigan, the PSAs are likely already
ware of the schools and hockey programs.  This would likely lead to
fewer requests from PSAs for further information when compared to
Merrimack, Union or Dartmouth.

Comments, opinions, thoughts?  Am I way off base, or does this make
sense to anyone?  If not am claiming right now it is because I wrote
it around 5:30 am after staying up all night.

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers  1995 NCAA, Hockey East and Beanpot Champions
BU Hockey:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html
The Bedford Flag:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/flag.html
But I Digress:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/bid.html