From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 01:43:09 -0100
This week's HE release arrived in my mailbox today, and page 8 has a list
of the recruits that have signed to date.

I think I remember seeing all of them mentioned here before (players are
listed for BC, UMass Amherst, UMass Lowell, and PC), except for the one
Merrimack recruit listed: goalie Cris Classen from Carrot River,
Saskatchewan, playing for the Nipawan Hawks of the SJHL.

This caught me by surprise because 1) it was the first I had heard the
news, and 2) Merrimack usually doesn't sign players this early.

I'll try to see what I can find out about Classen, but I also would like to
hear from anyone here who knows more about him.  I thought it was
interesting that Merrimack would sign a goalie this early...there will thus
be four goalies next year - Legault, Thibeault, and McNiff will be seniors,
with the first two likely to dominate playing time as they have so far.
That is, unless Classen either redshirts or is very good...

Current Merrimack freshman Rejean Stringer (Gravelbourg, SASK) is also an
alum of the Nipawan Hawks, btw.  Maybe there's a connection there.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93