From:
"Klein, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klein, Steve
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 13:37:00 PST
1: Didn't look like a goal to most of us in the press box, either.
2: How is it that MSU had time to score 4 goals in 12 minutes during the
second period, Bucky, and throw all those cheap shots? Seems to me it was
Bucky in the box, not the Spartans, who were 4 of 5 on the power play with
WCHA refs. Perhaps you were tired and your eyes were a little RED?
I thought the Badgers, who are woefully and surprisingly undertalented,
acquitted themselves well. But UW isn't 2-11-1 for no good reason. The last
thing 10-4 MSU needed to do against Wisconsin to win was take stupid
penalties (which might have been good advice to the Badgers).
Bradley Center: Great facility, by the way. Classy tournament, too.

Steve Klein
 ----------
Here's my big question from the tournament: did anyone here see the phantom
Gopher goal vs. MSU?  You know, the one that I didn't see (from behind the
goal in sect 208), the goal judge didn't see, and the replay didn't see,
but the ref on the opposite side apparently saw.  Since that call had a
major impact on the game, I'd be interested to know if anyone in the arena
other than the ref saw it.

Another rough weekend for Bucky... they were overmatched by both opponents,
but I thought they had a real chance vs. MSU.  If they had kept their cool
a bit more against MSU's cheap shots, I think they could have survived that
pivotal second period.