From:
Tom Fortier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 1995 21:40:57 -0400
On April 5th, Chuck Sackett wrote:

> On a slightly different goalie topic. . . .what does the emergence of Tom
> Noble at BU mean for J.P. McKersie next year?  How is his rehab coming along
> and does coach Parker still expect that McKersie will be able to return to
> the nets?  If he does, and if he were able to perform at or near his former
> level, would BU be looking at a rotating goalie system again?

        Well, know one will know until next fall, when puck season starts
again, but it does provide us with a good summer of speculation. :-)  IF
J.P. does return to the condition that he was in before his accident (let's
hope so!) and IF Parker does decide to carry both Noble and McKersie in a
rotation, I don't believe that it would be bad at all.  If you look at the
performance and the results of the rotations from the two most recent years,
the tandems have had a good amount of success.  The McKersie-Herlofsky
rotation of '93-'94 had to be considered tops in Hockey East, and although the
Noble-Herlofsky certainly had their off nights, I think that they were still a
very good pair.  Granted, Noble may be itching to be able to be the regular
starter, but if Parker continues to work a rotation, it gives each goalie a
chance to rest and to observe, offering each goalie a fresh view of the game.
I know these are only my opinions, but in the two years of following BU hockey
that I have done, I think that the rotation system has worked out well for BU.
I mean, how can you really argue with two straight trips to the championship
game and one Championship victory!

Just my thoughts! :-)

Tom Fortier
BU '97
GO TERRIERS!!!!
1995 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champs!
1995 Hockey East Tournament Champs!
1995 Beanpot CHAMPS!!!
1995 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!