From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 1995 11:54:47 EST
As already reported here, UMass-Lowell upset Northeastern last night
5-2 in the last game at Mathews Arena before it is renovated.
This was a very exciting game.  Unlike the previous night where PC and
UNH had a great defensive battle and each teams chances were limited,
Lowell and NU played some great wide-open hockey.  NU Goalie Mike Veisor
who will be credited with the loss, played very well in my opinion.  NU
did not do a very good job at playing defense in their own end, and
the winning goal was reflected by that.

Is Craig Lindsay for real for UML?  Lindsay played brillantly up in
Orono a couple weeks ago holding Maine to only one goal in a 4-1 victory,
and tonight he stoned some of the leagues most talented players in
Jordan Shields, and J.F. Aube.  He looked very good.

Greg Bullock also impressed me last night.  As some of you may recall, I
ripped into him a month or so ago after a Maine game, but last night he
showed me why he won the Hockey East scoring title.  His move to score
the 4th goal, when he drew Veisor out and tucked the puck behind him was
something else.  He hustled, and tried to work the play all night, and
for the most part stayed out of the box.  If him and Sbrocca could stay
out of the box, they would only make Lowell more dangerous than they
alredy are.

For anyone who is playing Lowell, the fact that Lindsay is playing so
well in goal has to be a concern since there is no doubt that Lowell can
score, but in order to beat them you have to have a good performance from
your netminder, and score some goals.  Lowell could definately surprise
some people in Boston for sure.
---
Deron [log in to unmask]
University of Maine 1995 Hockey East RS Champs!