From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 1994 14:23:36 EDT
It's a new season and I've been relatively quiet, but ...

1.  If you don't like a HOCKEY-L article or thread, contact the
    administrator (me) or send private mail to the poster ...  NOT
    HOCKEY-L.  Discussions about what is and is not OK for HOCKEY-L are
    not welcome on HOCKEY-L ...  take them offline, please.

    btw, the [log in to unmask] discussion list *about* HOCKEY-L
    will be disbanded shortly.  A number of great ideas for the
    betterment of HOCKEY-L were discussed there this past summer.  One
    of the significant results of those discussions is the development
    of a HOCKEY-L FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) document.  This
    effort is lead by Paulette Dwen ([log in to unmask]).  Contact
    Paulette if you have ideas or information for the FAQ.

2.  If you have a personal comment to make, make it privately;  do not
    post it to HOCKEY-L.  My apologies to the PA announcers on the list
    for the following analogy :-) ...  Making a private comment on
    HOCKEY-L is like your local PA announcer leaving the microphone on
    and then chatting with someone else in the booth.  Most of the arena
    fans will pay attention, but none will think better of you for it;
    many will get annoyed before long.

3.  If you can't stand the other guy, even before you meet them, perhaps
    because of the school they root for, find another forum for your
    ideas.  HOCKEY-L doesn't exist for you to brag about your school or
    put down other schools, but for the betterment of college hockey.

    You come from a great program, but so do the others.

Yours in college hockey,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]