From:
Peter Kester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 91 13:58:23 -0500
Ted Weiler writes:
>         BTW, over the weekend, some "rules" were brought to our
> attention.  I don't know if they are actual rules or things demanded
> by LSSU under their home ice advantage. 1) The Clarkson Band was not
> allowed to play for warm-ups. We were told that the LSSU warm-up was
> "choreographed" to a tape that was played. 2) The two bands had to
> alternate playing for stoppages in play. That is we play one break,
> they the next. Are these legitimate rules, or are they beefs brought
> to the NCAA official at the game by LSSU and he agreed with them.

I don't think either of these are official rules, just common courtesy
to the home team.  They should have at least let you play something
during the warmups, however.  As for the second "rule", this is common
anytime both teams' bands show up.  The pep bands that I've been in
(Bowdoin Precision Drinking Band and TAWVaFCI/OP?MP&CSR,U! aka the
Virginia Pep Band) usually followed the every-other-break rule except
during the last few minutes of the game.  Of course, when our team
came out of the locker room or we scored (except for basketball) we
would play no matter what else was happening.

Pete