From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 1994 15:21:31 -0400
There is a new file available from the LISTSERV archives of HOCKEY-L:
NCAAMAN EXCERPTS.  This file contains excerpts from the 1994-95 NC$$
operating manual that are closely related to hockey.

You'll note that the file, as it currently exists, ends rather
abruptly.  That's because I am not finished yet and am in the middle
of one of the sections.  However, I don't really know if it will ever
be done because as I find a new section of the manual that seems to
have significance to hockey as a whole, I'd like to add it in.  So
please forgive me for putting up the file in an apparently unfinished
form; I thought it would still be of use to some people.  I also don't
have a high priority on this, so it will be added to here and there.

I would still suggest getting a copy of the manual, for those people
who are so inclined.  This file will probably only serve to answer
those frequently asked questions about hockey and NC$$ regulations.
For answers to questions on general regulations of college sports as a
whole, you are much better off having the manual as a reference.

I apologize for not being able to follow up that last paragraph with
instructions on how to order the manual; I don't have them on hand.
But they are in the archives.  Should anyone be unable to locate them
or just prefers to ask me, I would be happy to find them and send them
out to whoever expresses interest.

Oh yes, here's how to get that file by mail: send mail to
[log in to unmask] and in the body, put the command

get ncaaman excerpts

That will tell the LISTSERV server to return the file to you in a mail
message.  Gopher and other methods can also be used, I am sure, by
people who have access to them and are more familiar with their usage
than I am.

Please forward any comments to me.  Thanks and enjoy.
Mike Machnik                                             [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                     *HMM* 11/13/93