From:
Brian Zive <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Zive <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 1994 23:14:21 EST
Forwarded message:
> From daemon Wed Mar 30 21:51:39 1994
> From: Eric B Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: QUESTION
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Date: Wed, 30 Mar 1994 21:51:51 -0500 (EST)

This question was asked to me earlier this evening.

> Who would you rather play in the finals (assumung BU wins) LAKE STATE or
> harvard?
>
> And how many times this season has BU played harvard?
>
> THANKS for your time,
>
> Eric

Okay.  First off, we have played Harvard once this year and
once last year.  This year in the Beanpot first-round game.
We were slaughtered 4-2.  BU scored the 2nd goal with under
one minute to play.  I thought Harvard really controlled the
open ice.  BU was unable to work the puck around the zone.
BU was also two defensemen short for that game.  I believe
both Kaj Linna and Chris O'Sullivan were out with injuries.

In the Beanpot championship last year, Harvard won again.  I can't
recall the score.  All I remember is that Harvard stacked guys in
front of their goal when BU was in the Harvard end.  They seemed to
control every rebound, stifeling (sp?) the BU offense.

To get to the first part of this question, LSSU crushed BU in the
semi-finals last year.  Mah la'asot?

I've been discussing this with several BU Daily Free Press staff
writers, and I've heard that LSSU could really take BU out of its
game by forcing the play away from the center of ice.  They hope
for a BU-Harvard match.

Then, my two worst BU hockey experiences are games against Harvard.
Never mind the N.Mich championship game my freshman year.  As you
read in my article yesterday, I was too young and too innocent
to be crushed emotionally at that time.  I have bad memories
of BU/Harvard games.  But, I think BU/Harvard would be
to our advantage, considering we are healthy at this time, and
the fact that Herlofsky has really been exceptional of late, dating
back to even before the 8-5 win over Maine in the HE quarter-finals.

I won't be seeing the LSSU/Harvard game tomorrow, but I will
watch the BU/Minn. game.  Hopefully I can get a better feel
for the championship game (if BU wins) after that.

Hope that answers your question.  I mean, sure it does, but
I hope you got what you were looking for.

Brian

-E-d--w-a-s--m-a-d-e--f-o-r--t-h-e--w-o-r-l-d--t-o--e-n-j-o-y---

Brian A. Zive
[log in to unmask]   "I'm just a punk kid who plays guitar."
[log in to unmask]                   -Edward Van Halen

-G-o-d--c-r-e-a-t-e-d--t-h-e--w-o-r-l-d--f-o-r--E-d-w-a-r-d-----