From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 1994 03:57:57 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Joseph D. Prestia <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I was not at the game last night, and hope someone who was at the game
>could clarify the events surrounding RPI's 2nd goal (2nd pd). All of the
>info below I received from the radion broadcast of the game.
>
>Weder (G-Colgate) was out of the net (surprise, surprise) and a shot was
>taken. The next fact anybody (so far) can confirm is that the puck went
>into the crowd. Nobody, including the goal judge, the linesmen or the
>ref saw how the puck got from point A (the blade of the stick) to point
>B (the stands). Somehow, RPI is awarded a goal. The nets, I'm told were
>inspected after the shot and was not found to be torn. I find it a little
>hard to believe (from the information I do have) that the puck went into
>(and through) an undamaged net and still had the velocity and the trajectory
>to make it into the stands. If someone who was there could tell me what
>he/she saw, I would really appreciate it. :)

During my call of the game I thought the exact same thing. That the puck was
shot and went into the crowd.

After the shot was taken, all of the Engineers went to the net and started
tapping thetop of the net. Then the referee's called it a goal.
What happenend was that the puck was shot towards the net by Pasco on the
backhand. It hit the top of the net INSIDE the net and was lodged
underneath (or between) the part of the net at the top which is all
cloth for rigidity. It was wedged in there, and then when the refs saw the
puck in the net they counted the goal.

>Thanks in advance.
>
>Joe Prestia

*  Jayson Moy RPI '89 '93       * One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer    *
*  [log in to unmask]                 * Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball  *
*  The "J Man"                  * on Crystal Clear FM Radio, 91.5FM WRPI, Troy*