Sender:
From:
"Rolf T. Kappe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 1994 15:17:46 +0000
John H. writes:

> but Shields picked up another shot on goal in his last game.  At least, I
> would credit it to him.  Ferris dumped the puck into the Michigan zone,
>Shields stopped it behind the net, saw that he wasn't being immediately
>pressured, brought the puck out to the side of the net and cleared it to
>Craig Lisko (Ferris netminder) at the other end.  From my angle, it looked
>like it was on goal.

To us, it seemed like Shields was setting up the range to try a
shot at the empty net in the last minute.  His shot sure seemed on goal
but being in section P I didn't exactly have the greatest angle.

While Ferris was going with 6 skaters Shields got control of the
puck and looked like he was going to try a shot, but thought better
of it and banked it off the glass out of the zone.  A wise move
considering the 1 goal game, but it would have been sweet to see
him score.

Any ideas why Loges has been mopping up for Shields recently?
I know Red wants to get him some PT since both Gordon and Shields
are gone after this year, but I would have expected some time
for Gordon.  Now if John was the coach ...

--------
  Rolf
  UM '93, '94, '01 ??