Sender:
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1992 10:23:22 EDT
From the keyboard of Keith Instone.....

> women ice skaters have their own "dry" locker room and they claim that
> they do not need a shower.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  Arrrrgggghhhhh.  I have to ask, just because it's buggin' me.....
  Do you mean that it's odd the women ice skaters don't want showers
  or it's odd that women hockey players do want showers since the ice
  (I'm assuming figure) skaters don't?  Perhaps it's because although
  figure skaters certainly sweat while skating, they also have a habit
  of wearing rather thin, non-restricting clothing while doing so?
  Come on, they get to pull their hair up and wear short skirts.

  Okay, so I'm not all that well-acquainted with getting sweaty while
  playing a good game of hockey, (Overheard from passersby:  "What is
  that girl *doing* over there with that hockey stick?"), just ask
  John H.  :)

> Anyway, the bigwigs in the athletic department went around and looked,
> and by golly, she was right--no shower for the women.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> PS Yes, this woman has scored a goal on yours-sieve-truly. But it was
> a rebound, and I was interferred with, and my skates were dull, and... (^;

  Arrrgggh again.... Just a little thought to ponder - Most of you men
  here on the list aren't dripping with chauvinism, in fact it seems to
  be exactly the opposite.  And I realize that I'm particularly sensitive
  to any such overtones.  But little itty bitty tiny comments like this,
  that are jokes, sometimes hurt too.

  Anyhow, I didn't at all *intend* to be picky here.  But if I can't get
  something off my chest here, where can I do it? ;)  Somebody please
  tell me if I should stop here or not, 'cause I've got lots more to
  say about the state of college athletics, even 20 years after Title IX.

  Cara

 "Was it a dream where you were standing in sort of sun-god robes on top
  of a pyramid with thousands of naked women screaming and throwing little
  pickles at you?"

 'No.'

 "Why am I the only one that has that dream?"