Sender:
From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:52:31 -0500
>>> "Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
>>> The NCAA bans the sale of alcoholic beverages
>>> at their tornament events.  You will be able
>>> to purchase alcoholic beverages at the Fleet
>>> Center for the Hockey East semi's and finals,
>>> but not for the NCAA Phinal Phour.  Bear in
>>> mind however, that part of the Hockey East
>>> final bill is the national women's
>>> championship.  It would stand to reason that
>>> beer sales will be banned that day.

Actually, the National Women's Championship is NOT
sponsored by the NCAA. It is actually the American
Women's College Hockey Alliance National
Championship. There are not enough Di.v 1 Women's
Ice Hockey programs to warrant an NCAA
championship ... and likely won't be for a few
years yet. The NCAA and the United States Olympic
Committee gave grants to USA Hockey to support
this event.

Therefore, we could very well see beer at the
HockeyEast Finals.

- Paul.