Sender:
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:40:05 -0700
From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
To: Sid Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
I have to second this.  I saw it on tape shipped from my Dad in NJ about a
week after the game.  I did somehow know that RPI won the whole ball of
wax, no thanks to the LA times, but without Hockey-L, I was truly in a
hockey wasteland.  I still play the tape occasionally and marvel at the
folks in that game, and the seesaw end to end action: Hull, Oates, Puppa,
Hammond, Carter, wow!!  It was exhausting. The next day, 2-1 over
Providence (and some goalie named Terreri :-)  was a great game also, but
nothing compared to the gut wrenching triple OT victory for RPI!

Tony Buffa
RPI '64

PS: I was NOT 13 at the time :-)