Sender:
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 15:06:52 -0500
The variance in the quality of the education is far greater within a given
school based upon the students' relative effort than between schools of
whatever reputation.

To paraphrase Tom Lehrer, education is like a sewer: what you get out of it
depends upon what you put into it.

Mandatory hockey content: Cornell ran their unbeaten streak against Harvard
to 8 last night, and for the first time in 15 seasons at Bright we were
*not* referred to as The Cow College.  Though only one put-down, the
Crimson crowd used to milk this for all it was worth.  But last night their
faithful were a total flop.  I for one was disappointed in the lack of
spirited opposition.  If anything, Tomassoni should be put out to pasture
to cheer Harvard's udderly dejected supporters.  That's the low down.  Just
something to ruminate upon.