Sender:
From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 03:04:46 EST
-- [ From: Adam Wodon * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

I have not seen this mentioned:

I have heard that Brown senior forward Brian Jardine quit the team over
a disagreement with Brown head coach Bob Gaudet.  Apparently, Jardine
was upset at being scratched without being told in person or in advance,
and was embarassed. He then just quit.  Jardine hadn't missed many
games, if any, since his freshman year.

As an outsider, I assume Gaudet had no desire for this to happen and
surely still considered Jardine a necessary part of the team, even
though he was scratching him.

Personally, I really like Jardine's game, and his loss will hurt for
the stretch run.  Any word on if a reconciliation is possible or if
there was something deeper going on here?

AW