Sender:
From:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 15:46:54 EST
Just wanted to add to what the RPI faithful had said about the SLU-RPI
game and the refs.  This was a comment by our announcers here in Canton
so it is by no means fact, but they said that this was the first game
all year that SLU was given more power plays than its opponent.  This
does not surprise me as SLU has been hammered all year long (mostly
due to the normally harmless plays of the mammoth Joel Prpic).  They
made the comparison that RPI had been given something like 130 pps
to SLU's 80 thoughtout the season.  I don't think that SLU is a
dirty team and have never really understood why they were called so
much, but that is for another discussion;)  Anyway, I agree that
the game was called inconsistently at best and wish that the refs
would just let them play!  BTW, our announcers just loved what they
deemed the "dive of the year" by Richardson with about 8 minutes left
in the game...now that really could have turned the tide.

Kevin Todd SLU '96