Sender:
From:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 09:10:59 -0500
On Jan 31,  2:55pm, Steven M. Bernhardt wrote:
> Mankato State makes sense.  Nebraska-Omaha doesn't.  Why?  Minnesota
> produces the most US born D1 players (169 this year), only second overall
> to the province of Ontario (184 this year).  With more D1 Minnesota talent
> available, Mankato State will be able to fill out their roster with US born
> talent.  Any other new D1 schools, except for the New England area, will
> have to recruit heavily into Canada.
>-- End of excerpt from Steven M. Bernhardt

I've got an idea: allow Nebraska-Omaha into NCAA D1 as long as they agree
to recruit only from Minnesota.  In fact, let's push for unlimited
expansion as long as all the new teams sign the "Minnesota Only" pledge.
This will provide increased exposure for college hockey and, with any
luck, will dilute the seemingly endless Minnesota hockey pool to the
point where we won't have to put up with this moronic woofing.

--
Matt Wickey                                 LSSU '86
CIMLINC Inc.                                National Champs 88 92 94