Sender:
From:
Eric J Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 13:36:49 -0600
To: Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>

> Nebraska-Omaha has no hockey program, but once had a club team.  They are
> considering establishing a Div1 hockey program.  They are presumed to be
> interested in joining the WCHA if that occurs.
        This is crazy why should we even consider this one, they don't
even have a small college Division III Program,  If there is a case they
almost would have to Let NDSU go Divsion one they have said to have the
money in place and if you know anything about the BISON it is probably
true (they have a club team) they have a dome and programs that are
successful.
        HOWEVER BY letting MSU and NDSU or an OMAHA NE you are going to weaken
the league and the League Schedules and then your going to get games like
the Dartmouth VS UND 8-2,or games like the U of M and NMU 10-0 and 7-0
and at what expense to the bigger schools making who are trying to place
high in the seeding for the NCAA's or how about teams on the Bubble Like
UND because they played a Darthmouth during nonleague play they are going
to be punished and because of the unbalanced schedule and by virtue of
not getting CC twice this year, they have to win the league championship,
its that fair probably not. Now you are going to have team that may
have to run up the scores like Football (PSU and FSU, UN come to mind
first) to make the team look
good in the Polls, then What do you do about the unbalance schedule....
UNO should maybe worry about fielding a football team (which they
haven't been very successful at so far) before it starts thinking about
DIVISION 1 hockey.

*Eric J. Burton "AKA Cliffy" (701)777-8771 Hockey the Coolest Game on ICE *
*Go Fighting SIOUX Hockey/The WCHA Drive to the Final Five/Go BSU Beavers *
*Go Bruins In 1996/Sweden is a great place to visit but dont send us your *
* hockey players. "Don Cherry"*Go Golden Gophers Minnesota's pride on Ice *
"The Fabulous Sports Goon" The spoked B is back