Sender:
From:
Keith Stokes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 13:17:00 -0600
At 01:00 AM 1/30/96 EST, you wrote:

>     3.  Ron Mason--Still got a few years left and has built three quality
>           programs in BG, LSSU and Michigan State.  His Spartan teams have
>           been down a touch the last 6 years due to improved recruiting in
>           ann arbor and Sault Ste. Marie but he's still only had one losing
>           that I can remember.

>                                          --Steve Moerland

Several people on Hockey-L have attributed LSSU's success (in part) to Ron
Mason. That
seems a little strong, considering that he left (then) LSSC in 1973. He had
a good
record at Lake State, but the NAIA schedule was much different from the CCHA
schedule
that they have had to play since that time.  I will credit that if his
record had
not been as good, Lake State may never have moved on.

I don't have the stats for his first three years at MSU, but having watched
Mason's first 3 years a MSU, the team didn't grow noticably better over
those three years.

   Keith
   LSSC '77