Sender:
From:
Keith Stokes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 11:10:58 -0600
>At 11:02 PM 1/19/96 -0400, D B Doucette wrote:

>Gee, wonder what people would think if we substituted "hockey cheerleaders"
>for "hecklers"  I find hockey cheerleaders annoying -- they make the bands
>keep quiet.  At least I am entertained by music, it's considered an art
>form.

After having spent 5 years on the Laker pep band, I appreciate the
sentiment:-) We played all of the home hockey games, but only those
basketball games that they forced us
to.

>I DO have a fond spot in my heart for the LSSU cheerleaders, they stayed in
>the same hotel as us at the Lake Placid Final Four.  Nice kids.

In the 1972-73 season, the then LSSC cheerleaders would do a skating number
on the ice between periods. Two of the five cheerleaders had formerly
skated with a professional touring company.

Keith