Sender:
From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 1995 17:40:58 -0500
This is just a piece of trivia, but I found it interesting and thought some
of you might, too.

On 12/23/95 Ryan Robbins wrote:

>months and assistant coach Greg Cronin will be prohibited from off-
>campus recruiting for one month. Also, the team will give up two of
>its 18 allotted scholarships for the 1996-97 and one scholarship
>for the 1997-98 season.
>     Cronin will replace Walsh as head coach and a new assistant
>will be hired.

Looking through the archives for details of the last major incident of this
kind, I find:
From 9/15/92, a post by Mike Hatz:
>       Colorado College suspended its head hockey coach, Brad Buetow, for 60
>days without pay Monday for diverting school funds to his volunteer assitant
>coach.
{snip}
>       "Brad's absence will probably be felt most on the road, on the bench"
>assistant coach Greg Cronin said.  "We'll just continue until he's back, it's
>only 7 games" Cronin said.  "I hope people don't think we're panic sticken.
>We're not"  Cronin said.

And, later that day:

>The 2 assistant coaches; Greg Cronin and Scott Owens will take over the head
>coaching duties.

You'll have to add your own Twilight Zone music  :-)

And have a Merry Christmas, everyone!

-Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!