Sender:
From:
Scott Feltmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 03:23:21 -0500
Comments:
To: Shining Path <[log in to unmask]>
>My third and most important point is that one gopher played his heart out
>and there was really no big mention of him in the summaries. Nick Checco
>had a great wknd. On Sat night, he broke up so many potential scoring
>opportunities for SCSU and did an incredible job on the penalty kill.
>Even though he isn't a major scoring threat every night, I would take the
>kind of defense he played this past wknd for a goal or two.

        I am going to have to agree with you, granted Nick has only one goal
this season but he is one of the best stick handlers in the game.  I have
never seen any one pull moves like he can do.  The next step is for him to
be able to finish these awesome moves.  I would imagine it would be
something he can and will do, if not in college then defenitly in the NHL.
He also is a very hard worker on the ice, never letting back, one of the
more aggressive players on the ice when it comes to the puck.  Nick is an
exciting player to watch and I feel he will make the gopher hocky games even
more exciting with his moves.