Sender:
From:
WILLIAM SANGREY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 1995 15:29:26 -0500
Being as it is relatively late to be looking for a head coach, it would
not surprise me if a candidate for the new vacancy in Ithaca has already
been approached.  One candidate that comes to my mind is Mike Schafer
'86.  He has been coaching since he graduated, and has been mentioned for
other head jobs recently (Princeton I think).  In addition, Mike was a
member of the Red Key (the athletic honor society at Cornell), so he
obviously understands both academics and hockey.  He also was one of the
Captains of the last ECAC Championship team, the Cardiac Kids of 1986.
That team is notable because they won with the senior leadership, since
there was no help from the head coach.  All of this seems to suggest that
Mike would make an excellent choice to try and clean up the mess in
Lynah, and return the RED to where they belong in the ECAC.

Two cents from a much relieved expatrioted Lynah Faithful.

William Sangrey
Cornell '87&'94
Let's Go RED!!!