Sender:
From:
Paul Varnum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 10:05:19 -0400
From Columbus Dispatch 04/24/95:

     Five men who have interviewed for the job may not be the last of the
candidates to become Ohio State's next head coach.

     Athletic director Andy Geiger said yesterday that he may interview "a
couple more people I haven't talked to" this week in Naples, Fla., where
college hockey coaches are meeting.  Geiger said he considers those he may
talk to both sounding boards and potential candidates.

     Geiger said he's in no hurry to fill the job because OSU has signed its
full complement of recruits.

     "Now it's important to feel really good about the process and do it
carefully," he said.  "I don't feel I've got to get it cone by a certain
date.  This is a very important decision for the program, and I want to be
sure."

Paul Varnum, [log in to unmask]                LSSU class of '86
MIS Department                           LSSU NCAA CHAMPS '88,'92,'94
New Creations, Inc.                      GO LAKERS!!!!
3939 International Gateway
Columbus, OH  43219
614-237-2057 (voice)