Sender:
From:
"Dr. Pamela J. Sweeney" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 1995 08:02:16 EDT
=>
=> Three janitors trying to freeze a gopher to death caused an explosion that
=> injured 19 people, mostly pupils, at an elementary school, officials said.
=>
=> The janitors were blown out of a small utility room on Monday when one
=> tried to light a cigarette after spraying the gopher with several cans of
=> a freezing solvent used to clean gum and wax off floors.
=>
=> One janitor, Jeff Davis, said they were trying to kill the gopher, which
=> a student had found on school grounds and had taken to them.
=>
=> Two janitors remained hospitalized today in stable condition.  Sixteen
=> pupils near the explosion were treated for minor injuries.
=>
=> The gopher survived and was later released in a field.

Am I the only one who's reminded of Bill Murray in Caddyshack?

Guess my favorite mascot is a little more resilient than these guys planned on.
Next time, they'd better consult some North Dakota Fighting Sioux fans
about the proper techniques for gopher murder and preservation.

-Pam
Go Gophers!!!
1995 NC$$ Phinal Phour!!!