Sender:
From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 05:29:47 -0600
On Thu, 6 Apr 1995, John Edwards wrote:

> The question whether the top seed would want two weeks off could be solved
> rather easily. Why not give a team the option of playing or taking the bye?
> If the Champion wants to play, the option to take the bye would then be
> passed to the second-place team, and so on until someone takes it.

Can you imagine the second guessing if a team with a bye chose to play
and lost?  I think just the possibility, however remote, would prevent
all but the most courageous coaches from exercising it.  The factor of
potential injury makes the choice of playing even less attractive.  It
does, however, hurt a team to be idle for two weeks.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!