Sender:
From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 1995 16:48:00 EDT
I opened the March 22 issue of THE NCAA NEWS and
saw a disturbing picture, with the following caption:

EQUAL OPPORTUNITY BELL
Jill Dolphin, a member of the Lake Superior State University
women's basketball team, celebrated a victory earlier this
season by ringing the Frank Hoholik Victory Bell.  The bell,
which traditionally was rung only by the Lakers' ice hockey
team, recently was made available to all Lakers' teams to
celebrate a victory.
(end quoted material)

IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE?!

John H
U Mich
"If that bell wasn't stationary, I'd stalk it." -- a Michigan fan
who shall remain nameless.  !=^)