Sender:
From:
Geoff Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 17:27:34 -0400
The much anticipated Hockey-L ECAC all-stars:

I only received six ballots, hence the abbreviated honorable
mentions. I gave each first team selection two points and
second team selection one point, than sorted. The HM
and all-rookie selections will be used to break ties
when I compare the submissions with the actual winners
on Thursday. Our team looks pretty good to me. Runners-up
for the major awards are in parentheses.

BTW, All-Ivy teams will be announced this week.

Just for your amusement:

In 1983, the ECAC received an entry by
Princeton coach Jim Higgins that had Hobey Baker
winner Mark Fusco as player of the year but put
him down as a second team all-star defenseman.
Higgins explanation - "He's a great player, but a lousy
defenseman."

Player of the Year: Martin St. Louis (Patrice Robitaille)
Rookie of the Year: Trevor Koenig (Dan Murphy)
Coach of the Year: Bob Gaudet (Don Cahoon)
Defensive Forward: Ian Sharp (Eric Trach)
Defensive Defenseman: Mike Traggio (Adam Bartell, Brian Mueller)

First team all-stars
F Martin St. Louis (Vermont)
F Eric Perrin (Vermont)
F Markko Tuomainen (Clarkson)