Sender:
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 15:59:25 EST
Helga Dimitrov <[log in to unmask]> writes:

Judging from the behavior of a bunch of 10-year-old players I saw in a
game
last week and a zillion other contests, I'd have to agree that the adults
are a bad influence and the children are certainly mimicking what they've
seen and heard.

Absolutely.  At the UNH at Lowell game a couple of weeks ago, I was
disgusted by the obnoxiousness of a fan sitting near me.  He was with his
wife and three kids, all of which seemd to be under the age of eight.
Imagine my disgust when I heard his daughter, who couldn't have been more
than 6 yell out at the ref, "I'm gonna kill you when I grow up!!".

     - Steve