Sender:
From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 1994 17:40:15 -0500
Responding to msg by [log in to unmask] (Wayne Smith) on

>G.M. Finniss points out ...
>>Hockey East     12 games played, 4 shootouts
>>CCHA            24 games played, 1 tie
>>WCHA            27 games played, 1 tie
>>
>>Sort of makes you wonder if HE teams are playing for
>the shootout.
>
>33% is an extraordinary number, yet the WHCA and CCHA
>numbers are almost  as strange(4%).  There haven't been
>many games played yet, but a quick  look at the last 3
>years gives the following:
>
>   91-92  131 of 851 ot   15.4%
>   92-93  120 of 894 ot   13.4%
>   93-94  146 of 888 ot   16.4%

Hockey East tie league games:

1993-94     14 of  96  14.58% *
1992-93      6 of  96   6.25%
1991-92      8 of  84   9.52%
1990-91      5 of  84   5.95%
1989-90      7 of  84   8.33%
1988-89      5 of  91   5.49%
1987-88      9 of  91   9.89%
1986-87    7.5 of 112   6.70% **
1985-86    6.5 of 119   5.46% **
1984-85      7 of 119   5.88%

 * This only includes 4 tie games involving Maine.  The HE
Yearbook does not have the game results for Maine and I only
know of 4 ties involving the Black Bears.  Regardless, both
Lowell and Northeasern had 6 league ties and Boston College had
5 league ties.  One can see why Hockey East decided to try the
shootout this year.

 ** Hockey East played an interlocking schedule with the WCHA
allowing an odd number of league ties for the year.

Sean Pickett     -     Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East
Champions!