Sender:
From:
"David M. Josselyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 1994 11:26:58 -0500
At  8:41 AM 10/13/94 -0500, M. David wrote:
>This not about college hockey per say but is of genral hockey intrest.
>
>Last night ESPN 2  showed the IHL game between Atlanta and Minnesota.  In
>the game they used a "fire puck".  This puck was equiped with special
>refelective tape that made it glow on TV but appeared normal to those in
>the stands.  The purpose of it was to make the game more telengenic
>because the puck will be easier to see.
>
>David

If anybody needs this, the RHI does. I saw a compiled replay of the
all-star game on ESPN the other day, and I had a lot of trouble followinng
the black puck on the dark blue SportCourt.

I haven't had too much problems following NESN H.E. broadcasts... and if I
do, it's the cameraman's fault, not the puck's. :-) Generally, NESN
coverage is good, though.

_Dave