Sender:
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 1994 10:32:37 EST
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>as the fact that several other former collegians played a big role in
>the Rangers' win - maybe none bigger than former Badger goalie Mike
>Richter.  Congratulations to all of them and I am glad to see them put
>that silly curse business to rest once and for all.

I remember Richter being at Wisconsin (where Curtiss Joseph of St.Louis
also went).  I was sure Richter was the winning goalie in one of UW's
NCAA title years, but I looked it up and he wasn't.  His UW years ended
with the 1986/87 season, so his college days were bracked by the titles
in 1983 and 1990.

Here's another question:  I don't follow the NHL, and I noticed that
MacTavish doesn't wear a helmet.  I seem to remember a few years ago
some story that the only NHL'ers allowed to go hatless were those that
came in prior to the mandatory helmet rule, and that "club" was down to
only a handfull of players.  Is the rule still in effect?  are there
any other hatless NHL'ers?

       Steve G