Sender:
From:
Dan Kallman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 19:12:25 -0500
>>The "you're not a black hole...you just suck!" cheer I believe originated
>>at Harvard's Bright Arena.
>[...]
>>This cheer has been around for awhile...I remember hearing it during the
>>1982-83 ECAC Quarterfinals, when RPI played at Harvard...
>Harvard was over a year later, so I doubt that it originated there.

The Sports Illustrated article on the 1973 Championship (won by Wisconsin)
refers to it several times.

        Wasn't the '73 championship won by BU?  The uniforms are similar...

BTW.  I want to put in a quick note.  Seems that I'm disagreeing with
all my fellow BUites.  I'd like to think that our band(whick I am a member
of) does in fact NOT suck :).   We need some trumpets, and a few more
short tunes to play, but other than that most of us are there for the
game and to support our team....That reminds me.  Will any current or
past pep band dudes let me know of any "short" tunes that are good to
play.  We have a few, but like I said, not nearly enough......

thanks

dan kallman
BU '94

Please respond privately.......thanks