Sender:
From:
larry latour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 1994 19:53:49 EST
My family and friends are at this moment sitting in the
next room watching the Maine-UNH game.  I just thought I'd
post some thoughts.  We've had a heck of a month.  We went
through a struggle with team USA, and my heart went out for
those 6 Maine kids.  Thinking we'd salvage something from
the Olympics, the family gathered round the TV on Sunday
morning and watched a gut-wrenching gold medal game, only
to watch Paul Kariya fall inches short after a heroic
game (think back at the amount of ice time he had toward
the end of the game AND the fact that he was the last USA
player to score in the shootout).

So, we try to forget the Olympics with a local focus, and our
spirits are raised with some great final month play by the
Black Bears.  This throughout the athletic department's death
of 1000 cuts by all of those silly violations.

On to tonight.  We hear that we're being banned from the HE
tourney.  I'm steamed.  I want to lash out.  I probably want
to say a few things I'll regret later.  Everyone I talk to
up here is feeling the same way.  This after I've had some
great chats with hockey-l'ers about tourney possibilities.

Then comes the interview with Coach Walsh.  I breath in.
What will he say?  Something to the effect of "hey, we know
as a team we had no control over this.  We need to band
together, play a great weekend, and carry it on to the
next year".  Thanks, Coach.  See you at Skate with the Bears.

Larry Latour
UMaine