From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:54:42 -0400
At 04:58 PM 8/25/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone from Albany know anything about the Holiday Inn Express Turf on
>Western Ave in Guilderland?
>Is it nice?  Is it in a safe area?
>How far of a drive is it from the rink, etc, etc?

I'm not familiar with the hotel itself (but after all,
a Holiday Inn is a Holiday Inn).  Guilderland is a
safe area in the western suburbs of Albany.
It's close to I-87 and I-90 so its easy in and out of the area.
By car, it will take 20-30 minutes to get to the
Knick via city streets but probably only 10-15 if
you hop onto I-90. Assuming you'll have a car,
Guilderland and Colonie are convenient to shopping malls,
restaurants and drinking establishments.  The area is probably the
best choice to stay if you don't mind the 15 minute drive downtown.